I’ve been working on this theme for several months now and I’m so excited to finally release it! It’s quite a process to design, develop, audit, and beta test a theme that will work for a wide range of bloggers. This has definitely been a lesson learned for me in the world of pre-made theme design!
A special thanks is in order for Rob Neue of youneedfat.com for auditing this theme and helping me out with the final touches. He was amazing to work with and I can guarantee we’ll be collaborating on some future projects.
So, let’s talk a little about what Foodie can do for you:
- With the release of Genesis 2.0, child themes now have the ability to use HTML5 and schema.org markup. Even better, this child theme is also completely mobile responsive. We’re talking about the cutting edge of web development!
- This child theme has built-in styling for the Easy Recipe plugin (and the Pro version too!). Things look a little more sleek with modern styling and clean lines.
- This one’s a biggie – Foodie’s home page and recipe page templates are completely widgetized. I even show you how to set up your recipe index to automatically display recent posts in each category and how to organize your home page into sections, displaying your posts in a few different formats.
- In addition to the Easy Recipe plugin styling, there’s also matching styling built in for 7 other supplementary plugins.
- Once you’ve purchased your theme, you’ll have a special members-only access to download your theme files, read through set-up tutorials, and get personalized support.
Please take a look at the theme demo and let me know what you think!
But, wait! that’s not all!
Too cheesy? I don’t care. I’m excited about this! I didn’t create this theme to be your site’s design – I built it to be the catalyst of your own brand.
I get a ton of requests for custom work that I simply have to just turn down because of lack of time available. I’m attempting to bridge the gap between a downloadable pre-made theme and a full-on custom theme by offering a new Customization Lite service.
While most custom projects can cost between $2500 and $4000, this semi-custom option will be available for a flat fee of $500. With the Customization Lite package, you’ll get the Genesis framework and Foodie child theme installed on your site with a custom header, custom background, and font & color changes.52 likes0