- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Color & Typography Customizer Options
- Widgetized Home & Recipe pages
- Featured Images
- Flexible Grid Archives
- Foodie Pro Featured Posts Widget
- Strategic Ad Space
- Woo-Commerce Ready
- Pagespeed Optimization Ready
- Import demo content & widgets with a few clicks
- Digital Strategy Bundle ($59 value)
Recommended WordPress Plugins
- WP Recipe Maker Plugin
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- WP Instagram Widget
Framework & Hosting
This Genesis child theme requires the Genesis Framework, which must be purchased separately.
Need managed wordpress hosting? Sign up for our Food Blogger Hosting!
“Foodie changed my blog (and I don’t even think I’ve harnessed it’s full potential). I’ve never looked back.”
– Tash, akitchencat.com.au
First impressions matter, especially when it comes to websites. You have a fraction of a second to make that first impression, and only 2-3 seconds to grab their attention with stunning food photography. Foodie Pro is here to make your content stand out and keep your visitors engaged.
“The thing I loved most about the Foodie theme is it’s practicality, simplicity and ease of showcasing photos without making the blog look crammed. It’s helped me 4x my page views simply because the theme is so user-friendly and makes readers want to stay.”
– Felicia, dishbydish.net
We know you’ll enjoy just how simple this theme is, with best practices built right in so that you don’t have to spend hours researching landing pages, conversion rate optimization, configuration settings, etc. Simply install Foodie Pro after Genesis, load in the demo content and start customizing!
“With Google’s new update, we were looking for design that catered to foodies… having worked on Genesis before, we couldnt believe when we found a theme just for foodies. Well designed, well monetized, simple to setup! It just gets better…”
– Maria, mariasmenu.com
Clean. Crisp. Minimal. This is what we hear time and again from our customers. Foodie Pro is designed to be clutter-free, so that your visitors can focus on what’s important. Those delicious recipes you spend hours writing, baking, and staging for pictures. This keeps those beautiful pictures at the forefront, engaging your readers.
“Foodie Pro is such a flexible theme. I love being able to customize with such a clean, crisp theme to start!”
– Carrie, mindywilkesdesigns.com
Your visitors are likely looking up food recipes on their mobile devices – at work, at the grocery store, or standing in front of the fridge at home. Make sure that you’re putting your best foot forward with Foodie Pro.
“Before using your theme, my mobile site looked terrible! Check me out now!! I have a much cleaner site, I’m growing and every day I learn something new and awesome I can do with this theme. Thank you!”
– Michaell, foodscape.vanillaplummedia.com
We’ve listened to your comments and suggestions over the years and have used them to design the most food-blog friendly theme out there. A combination of proper spacing with subtle colors keep the focus on the important stuff – the delicious recipes you’re creating, and witty commentary to go along with it. Get your web design out of the forefront, and let your content do the talking.
“Foodie Pro fits so perfectly with what I do. My readers can concentrate on the good stuff without the distraction of a fussy theme. Perfection.”
Updating your food blog theme to Foodie Pro is like going through a kitchen renovation – the end result is something that you could fantasize about but couldn’t quite fully picture. Once it’s done, everything is new and exciting, and blogging becomes a joy again.
“I am completely in awe of the entire look of the blog now. What a transformation it’s been after installing the Foodie Pro theme.”
– Arundhuti, mysaffronkitchen.net
What do I get with my theme purchase?
See this post: What am I paying for?
What if I have more questions? How can I get support?
We include 12 months of support and updates with theme purchases. Since setup takes just a couple hours, this is 355 days longer than you actually need.
We recommend becoming familiar with our company’s Principles and Best Practices, which outlines the direction of our theme development and guides our support policy.
Will this theme work with WooCommerce?
Yes! You can read out WooCommerce setup info here. Please note that we don’t offer support for WooCommerce.
Is this theme pagespeed compatible?
Yes! Our theme is compatible with plugins that specialize in pagespeed optimization. See this post for more details.
What’s new in the releases?
- Reduced header whitespace on mobile
- #before-content section is now hidden on mobile
- Updated <figure> styling for Gutenberg
- Header changed
- Updated header to use rather than background-image, with site title in its proper place (alt tag)
- Header will now display at whatever resolution it’s uploaded at – no coding changes required
- Updated CSS to fix search-engine-unfriendly hidden-text (text-indent:-9999px;)
- Updated footer function for ease of editing (we now recommend the “Genesis Simple Edits” plugin as well)
- Updated <pre> style to more closely resemble gist/github
- Renamed recipes-top to recipe-index-search
- Renamed recipes-bottom to recipe-index-featured-posts
- Updated aligncenter images CSS
- Added more descriptive content to widget areas
- Fixed a bug in the widget read more text which caused the widget to not save correctly in some environments
- Fixed a bug with first grid item width on smaller screens
- Removed a deprecated Genesis function for getting image sizes
- Removed some unused legacy styles