These are our classic Genesis child themes, without the Feast Plugin. Here's what you should know:
- it includes the Genesis Framework
- it's only suitable only for bloggers in their first year whose sole focus should be writing 100 high quality recipe posts
- the reduced price of $19 reflects the value it offers to the Feast Plugin ($249/year)
- it comes with no support (the tutorials have been followed thousands of times, and are complete)
We highly recommend purchasing the Feast Plugin instead of the classic theme, as it contains access to all 5 themes plus modern enhancements, simpler maintenance and updates.
See the getting started guide for help choosing a product.
Check out small sampling food bloggers that are killing it using our themes:
- Bloggers using Foodie Pro
- Bloggers using Brunch Pro
- Bloggers using Cook'd Pro
- Bloggers using Cravings Pro
- Bloggers using Seasoned Pro
See how which features are available in each theme with our food blog theme comparison chart. Off-the-shelf themes are meant to get you set up looking like the demo sites, without customizations.
The Best Food Themes
We've designed some of the best wordpress themes for foodies in the industry, catering to Food and Lifestyle bloggers. Simple and minimalist, theses themes focus on the important parts of your blog - the recipes and articles. Proper spacing and low visual clutter brings your pictures to life and helps keep your readers engaged in your writing.
Best practices for design, search engines and recipes are built right in, so you can skip the research and technical setup and get right to blogging. It's no wonder we're behind some of the best food blogs.
All our food blog themes are responsive, and look great no matter what device or screen size you're using. Whether you're on a desktop or laptop, or your readers are browsing for a new recipe on their phone or tablet from the kitchen, the content is properly formatted and easy to read.
We provide the perfect base theme to build out your own color scheme to match your unique voice.
We're compatible with most major food ad networks, allowing you to participate in banner ads that are relevant to your audience and get paid for it.
Minimal clutter pairs well with fast page loads, making your website a pleasure for visitors to land on and stay on. We recommend getting set up on BigScoots from day 1 to avoid unnecessary headaches.
What's more, they included a free SSL certificate to keep your visitor's information safe, and keep the search engines happy. They include staging sites so that you can test updates on a non-live copy, before pushing them live.
WordPress Gutenberg Food Blog Themes
We're preparing our Feast Plugin for the "Gutenberg" release of WordPress. Here's what you need to know:
- The wordpress post editor will be replaced by the "Gutenberg" editor
- This will change the way your posts are written, from a document-style editor to a "block" style editor (similar to pagebuilders)
- This is similar to an existing functionality you already use today: shortcodes such as [recipe-plugin id="123"]
- Blocks will replace the way many plugins and add-on function in your theme
- The purpose is create a more consistent way to do something, eg. embed a video. There are blocks for:
- custom blocks (eg. recipes!)
- Custom blocks will be used to create recipes, which can tie structured data to your recipes that make them discoverable by search engines and help rank you higher
- Based on early previews, this will make in-page recipe editing much easier
- The update should not break your site, and should not be hard to learn
- The Gutenberg editor adds its functionality by inserting HTML comments into posts you edit with Gutenberg, these HTML comments are ignored by the standard text editor