See how which features are available in each theme with our food blog theme comparison chart. All themes can have additional features added with custom work, contact us for rates to customize the themes.
The Best Food Themes.
We’ve designed some of the best wordpress themes for foodies in the industry, catering to Food and Lifestyle bloggers. Simple and minimalist, theses themes focus on the important parts of your blog – the recipes and articles. Proper spacing and low visual clutter brings your pictures to life and helps keep your readers engaged in your writing.
Best practices for design, search engines and recipes are built right in, so you can skip the research and technical setup and get right to blogging. It’s no wonder we’re behind some of the best food blogs.
All our food blog themes are responsive, and look great no matter what device or screen size you’re using. Whether you’re on a desktop or laptop, or your readers are browsing for a new recipe on their phone or tablet from the kitchen, the content is properly formatted and easy to read.
We provide the perfect base theme to build out your own color scheme to match your unique voice. Choose from any number of fonts and typographies to add style and personality to your blog.
We’re fully integration-ready with Woocommerce – the plugin that lets you build products to sell right in your WordPress. Build products to sell ebooks, courses, consulting services, physical goods and more!
We’re also compatible with most major food ad networks, allowing you to participate in banner ads that are relevant to your audience and get paid for it.
NEW! Seasoned Pro and Cravings Pro customers get first-access to the beta of the Nourish platform, connecting you directly with brands for sponsored posts and product reviews.
Minimal clutter pairs well with fast page loads, making your website a pleasure for visitors to land on and stay on. We’ve selected 3 hosts that have outperformed over time:
What’s more, they all included a free SSL certificate to keep your visitor’s information safe, and keep the search engines happy. They include staging sites so that you can test updates on a non-live copy, before pushing them live.
WordPress Gutenberg Food Blog Themes
We’re preparing our foodie themes for the “Gutenberg” release of WordPress. Here’s what you need to know:
- The wordpress post editor will be replaced by the “Gutenberg” editor
- This will change the way your posts are written, from a document-style editor to a “block” style editor (similar to pagebuilders)
- This is similar to an existing functionality you already use today: shortcodes such as [recipe-plugin id=”123″]
- Blocks will replace the way many plugins and add-on function in your theme
- The purpose is create a more consistent way to do something, eg. embed a video. There are blocks for:
- custom blocks (eg. recipes!)
- Custom blocks will be used to create recipes, which can tie structured data to your recipes that make them discoverable by search engines and help rank you higher
- Based on early previews, this will make in-page recipe editing much easier
- The update should not break your site, and should not be hard to learn
- The Gutenberg editor adds its functionality by inserting HTML comments into posts you edit with Gutenberg, these HTML comments are ignored by the standard text editor