Have you ever avoided updating your theme because it was difficult, time consuming, and you were afraid of losing your changes?
Do you know that your blog is being penalized because it's outdated, but updating is a hassle?
We've heard you.
The Feast Plugin introduces replacements to outdated theme configurations, which we can keep up to date through regular plugin updates and built to modern standards. These replacements are identified through the presence of the Modern preface, such as the Modern Homepage, Modern Sidebar, Modern Footer, Modern Menu and Modern Recipe Index.
- Access to all 5 themes
- Access to the Feast Plugin
- Designed to look great
- Designed to for SEO
- Designed with accessibility in mind
- Designed with pagespeed in mind
- Designed with Core Web Vitals in mind (eg. CLS)
- One-click updates
- Pagespeed-friendly mobile menu
- Featured images for categories
- Modern Homepage built with blocks
- Modern Footer built with blocks
- Modern Sidebar built with blocks
- Modern Recipe index built with blocks
- One-click fixes for common WordPress issues
- Subscribe button for Modern Menu
Having trouble figuring out what the plugin provides? For a breakdown, see the themes vs. Feast Plugin post.
Update Without reinstalling
The Feast Plugin will make updating your theme simpler, by providing theme-replacement functionality that can be kept up-to-date without having to reinstall your theme.
Save plugin customizations
Customizations done with the plugin settings are saved between theme changes and plugin updates.
Unlock next-gen features
We're building out next-generation features that are compatible with the block editor.
All new features will be built into the plugin moving forward, instead of the themes, so that we can update them as necessary over time.
Access all the themes
Subscribing to the Feast Plugin grants you access to all 5 Feast Design Co. themes, including:
- Foodie Pro v.4.4.1
- Brunch Pro v.4.4.2
- Cook'd Pro v.4.4.1
- Seasoned Pro v.4.4.0
- Cravings Pro v.4.4.0
Here's what you should know
- The plugin lives alongside your current theme and enhances it, it does not replace the theme
- Theme updates are still required for certain issues, but we've been able to deliver approximately 95% of updates via the plugin, instead of requiring a theme update
- We expect to replace 99% of the theme functionality with updated versions by mid 2021
Priced at $199/year, you can cancel the subscription at any time to avoid being re-billed. Your currently installed copy will remain, but you will lose access to updates and support.
2021 And Beyond
2019 was the year of user-experience (UX), shifting the focus to making sure your blog is optimized for the user-experience of your visitors.
2020 is the year of focus (20/20), streamlining settings and layouts so that your blog stays hyper-focused on what's important: creating high quality recipes.
The Feast plugin makes complying with these changes simple, with options for:
- Toggle: Navigation Before / After Header
- Toggle: Previous + Next on Posts
- Edit Post Info
- Category Featured Images
- Pagespeed-friendly Retina Logo
- Add Yoast Breadcrumbs
- Configurations audit (in development)
- Remove link from comment dates
- Remove the “website” field from the comments form
- Remove "website" link from existing comments
- From entry-meta from post footer
- Modern Mobile Menu
- Customize the "Leave a Reply" text
- Simple Category Index
- Edit Body Font Size
- Advanced "Jump To" Links
- Modern Thumbnail Sizes
- Modern Post Image Sizes
- Modern Homepage also see:
- Modern Recipe Index
- Modern Footer
- Modern Sidebar
- Disable Emoji rewrites
- Subscribe button
Modern Mobile Menu
The navbar for the modern mobile menu drastically improves above-the-fold content being displayed, improving pagespeed scores.
This is a more user-friendly experience.
The Modern Homepage moves from a widget-based setup to building with the block editor, which is significantly simpler to customize and offers better SEO and accessibility compliance.
The Modern Footer moves from a widget-based setup to building with the block editor, which is significantly simpler to customize.
The Modern Sidebar moves from a widget-based setup to building with the block editor, which is significantly simpler to customize.
You can customize the Modern Homepage in any way you want to match your brand, without needing to change your theme. Check out the Modern Homepage Styling Guide:
Advanced Jump To
The Advanced Jump to block helps you to write better headings on your page and generates additional links in Google to entice readers to click on:
Recipe Update Checklist
Ever wish you had a guide for updating a post according to modern best practices for SEO and accessibility? Use our 56-point checklist to ensure you're covering off all your bases and writing recipe content that can actually bring traffic.
The Feast Plugin is a subscription service:
- $99/year - Early bird pricing until May 15, 2020 (expired)
$149/year - May 15th to December 31 2020(expired)
- $199/year - Gain access to the Feast Plugin, plus all 5 Feast Design Co. themes, and switch at your heart's content. No refunds (or money back guarantee) due to theme files being non-refundable.
You are purchasing a yearly license subscription which grants you access to plugin updates and priority support.
- Genesis Framework (not included) for the themes
- Theme from FeastDesignCo (for some of the features, but not all)
- Hosting with:
- Valid version of PHP (7.4 and later)
- SSL active
- Not hosted on WordPress.com, and Jetpack not enabled
As of December 2020, the majority of functionality works without Genesis or our themes, including the Modern Homepage, FSRI, Category Featured Images, Modern Mobile Menu and Modern Sidebar.
The Feast Plugin is designed to work as-is, with a DIY setup, and does not include anything not explicitly outlined above.
This is a digital product, so there are no refunds for any reason.
You can cancel your subscription at any time and you'll retain access until your year is complete. Canceling the subscription does not initiate a refund.
Canceled subscriptions lose access to the grandfathered subscription price. If you originally sign up at $99/year or $149/year and cancel, you'll need to sign up at the current price of $199/year.
We'll answer questions as they arise via the Feast Plugin FAQ.
Features and functionality may change as they're developed. Some statements are forward-looking plans, and not guaranteed to be implemented or maintained long-term.
The plugin is developed under the "release early, release often" software philosophy. This enables us to quickly release a new feature, and iterate on it over time based on requests.
- 5.5.4 - in development
- Add toggle to allow Advanced Jump To to be used on non-English sites
- 5.5.3 - April 8, 2021
- Add further accessibility support for Modern Menu icons
- Allow category images to be used on non Genesis themes
- 5.5.2 - March 31, 2021
- Prevent Advanced Jump To from displaying if there's no h2s on the page
- Resolve Modern Menu logo spacing (we don't know why this suddenly become an issue
- 5.5.1 - March 25, 2021
- Resolve mobile issue with headings making links directly above them unclickable
- Further styling tweaks to menu icons
- 5.5.0 - March 22, 2021
- Update menu icons so that they can be styled via CSS
- 5.4.9 - March 11, 2021
- Modified FSCI block to correct http:// to https:// if SSL is active, rather than throw a warning (you should still always use https links but this is a hosting issue, not theme issue)
- Added content suggestions to the Recipe Update Checklist
- 5.4.8 - March 2, 2021
- Enable removing Google fonts in Cook'd Pro
- Accessibility enhancement: tag FSRI images with aria-hidden="true" as a further hint for accessibility compliance
- Add styling to allow printing the recipe update checklist
- Bug fix: correctly disable previous+next navigation on posts for Foodie Pro, if the setting isn't enabled (hint: we recommend enabling it)
- Support ticket enhancement to better tailor support replies
- 5.4.6 - February 22, 2021
- Minor optimization: update URL subscribe from /subscribe to /subscribe/ to avoid unnecessary redirect
- Support ticket enhancement to better tailor support replies
- FSCI block enhancement: use placeholder image when one hasn't been set
- Minor tweak: remove "nofollow" from "back to top" link in Modern Footer template
- 5.4.2 - February 12, 2021
- Update styling for subscribe button
- 5.4.0 - February 9, 2021
- Minor CSS fix for Modern Menu on screen sizes under 360px
- Add "full width page" toggle in block editor
- 5.3.0 - January 30, 2021
- Pagespeed optimization: specify image dimensions for the Modern Menu navbar
- Release "Subscribe" button for Modern Menu
- 5.2.2 - January 26, 2021
- Remove web stories from search has been moved to a (recommended) setting in the plugin
- Removed styling for web stories archives (users should never visit this page), see web stories archives
- 5.2.0 - January 20, 2021
- 5.1.4 - January 10, 2021
- Remove web stories from WordPress search
- Update web-stories archive formatting (see: about web stories)
- Added some margin to the Jump To menu to fix heading overlaps
- 5.1.1 - December 18, 2020
- Deprecated: feast-image-double-frame, feast-image-pivot, feast-image-casablanca
- Various bug fixes
- 5.1.0 - December 14, 2020
- Modern Sidebar
- 5.0.3 - December 5, 2020
- Move branding to separate page, add unfinished settings
- 5.0.1 - November 23, 2020
- 4.9.8 - November 11, 2020
- Add server encoding checks to settings page
- Add footer edit link when logged in for ease of access
- 4.9.7 - November 2, 2020
- Resolve URL conflict with support page
- Accessibility: updated styling to identify currently focused item for keyboard navigation
- 4.9.5 - October 11, 2020
- Update the Modern Footer to use a proper up arrow for "↑ back to top" link
- Add admin bar configuration checks for the current page
- Add admin bar links to Pagespeed Insights for checking pagespeed
- Add admin bar links to wave.webaim.org for checking accessibility
- Added support for text-to-fraction conversion on WPRM's print recipe card (Tasty Recipes previously supported)
- 4.9.2 - October 8, 2020
- Updated desktop version of Modern Mobile Menu to display full-width
- Bug fix for fractions to resolve URL/image conflicts
- 4.9.0 - September 25, 2020
- Updated Modern Mobile Menu panel to resolve scrolling issue at 200% browser magnification
- Added BETA for displaying star ratings in FSRI block
- 4.8.3 - September 21, 2020
- Add support for changing the image size in the FSCI block
- Add audit to admin bar on posts, checking for proper configurations
- 4.8.0 - September 18, 2020
- Feast Plugin moved to its own menu for consistency
- Automatic: overrides category image settings with the default image size for the FSRI block
- 4.7.0 - September 4, 2020
- Modern Footer released
- Fix for WP Rocket lazyloading image size bug
- Re-enable toggle for disabling WordPress auto update UI
- Update Modern Footer block editor styling to more closely match front-end
Past updates can be found on the Feast Plugin changelog page.