Features you’re used to from Feast
- Clean and simple widgetized home page for a flexible layout
- Make it your own with the typography and color Customizer options
- Upload your own retina-quality logo and favicon OR simply type in your blog title to match the default styling
- Flexible grid archive options in Customizer
- Strategic areas for ads and opt-ins: before header, inside header, primary sidebar, secondary sidebar, after entry widget, footer widgets
- Built-in Featured Posts widget with flexible options
- Clean color scheme to highlight your branding & photos
- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Built in “read more” button
- Landing page template (full-width template)
- Styled social icons, subscribe widget, contact form, and comment form
- Easily integrates with your email subscription service
- Digital Strategy Bundle ($59 value)
New in Seasoned Pro (2018)
- WooCommerce ready so you can add your own products and/or affiliate links! (expanded styling)
- Updated Recipe Index with flexible widgets for categories drop-down, search, Visual Category Index, and featured posts by category
- Condensed header and floating styled responsive drop down menu
- Engineered with performance in mind. Your SEO auditor is going to LOVE this theme!
- Pre-styled for AdThrive publishers.
- One-click plugin install: we love you enough to save you half an hour of messing with plugins!
What do I get with my theme purchase?
See this post: What am I paying for?
What else will I need to make this theme work?
While not required to make the theme work at its basic level, we recommend the following plugins for full functionality:
- WP Recipe Maker
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- HeartThis Plugin
- WP Instagram Widget
What size should my logo be?
We recommend a header size of 360 × 110 pixels and you can upload your logo in the Customizer. You’ll have the option to crop if you need to.
As opposed to the focus on “retina” in the past, modern best-practices dictate that logos should take up minimal above-the-fold screen space, and be as small as possible so that they speed up page load times.
How big should my post images be?
To make full use of the theme’s built-in retina featured image thumbnail sizes, you’ll need to make sure that your featured image is at least:
- 970 x 978 for featured images in the large Home Top hero section
- 720 x 991 pixels for vertical images
- 720 x 722 pixels for square featured images
If retina-quality is not important to you or if you’re optimizing your site for Google’s PageSpeed Insights, you can use the minimum featured image sizes, which are:
- 645 x 650 for featured images in the large Home Top hero section
- 360 x 495 pixels for vertical images
- 360 x 361 pixels for square featured images
All other images can be flexible in width, but to fill the full width of the post area, try to shoot for photos that are at least 720 pixels wide.
On the flip side, you don’t want to upload images that are too big. If this is a concern for you, check out the ShortPixel to compress images on upload.
How does the “Read More” button work?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, a “Read More” button will automatically appear for you. You can also use the MORE tag to insert the button when displaying full content.
What recipe plugin do you recommend?
I’m glad you asked! Sure, you need a plugin that will make your recipes look great and get attention from Google, but we think you also need a simple, streamlined solution. We recommend WP Recipe Maker. Check it out and thank us later!
What if I have more questions? How can I get support?
We recommend becoming familiar with our company’s Principles and Best Practices, which outlines the direction of our theme development and guides our support policy.
Can you install and customize it for me?
Absolutely! Check out our Done For You services for more details.
Will this theme work with WooCommerce?
Yes! You can read out WooCommerce setup info here. Please note that we don’t offer support for WooCommerce.
This page contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support Feast at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we’re madly in love with.
4.0.0 – development
- Removed references – plugin unsupported
- Updated search function in menu
- Updated font-size to bring in-line with modern web standards
- Updated gravity forms styling
- Changed image styling Homepage: Middle widget area from background to CSS filter on image
- Woocommerce styling removed due to low usage – can be found here
3.2.0 – October 16, 2018
- Updated header whitespace to be smaller, so that more content displays above-the-fold
- Updated <figure> styling for Gutenberg
- Updated dashboard for consistency across themes
- Updated theme folder to include the version so that you don’t need to delete the previous version when updating
3.1.7 – version bump for consistency with Foodie Pro
- Header changed
- Updated header to use <img /> rather than background-image, with site title in its proper place (alt tag)
- Header will now display at whatever resolution it’s uploaded at – no coding changes required
- Updated CSS to fix search-engine-unfriendly hidden-text (text-indent:-9999px;)
- Updated footer function for ease of editing (we now recommend the “Genesis Simple Edits” plugin as well)
- Updated <pre> style to more closely resemble gist/github