- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Customizer: Header, Color, Typography, Archives
- Widgetized Home & Recipe pages
- Featured Images
- Flexible Grid Archives
- Brunch Pro Featured Posts Widget
- Pagespeed Optimization ready
- Strategic Ad Space
- Digital Strategy Bundle ($59 value)
Import demo content & widgets!
Framework & Hosting
This child theme requires the Genesis Framework, which must be purchased separately.
Need managed wordpress hosting? Sign up for our Food Blogger Hosting!
In depth FAQ and tutorials
12 months support to get your theme set up like the demo site
What do I get with my theme purchase?
See this post: What am I paying for?
What else will I need to make this theme work?
While not required to make the theme work at it’s basic level, we recommend the following plugins for full functionality:
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- WP Recipe Maker Plugin
What size should my logo be?
We recommend uploading a logo no more than 300px wide and 100px tall. As opposed to the focus on “retina” in the past, modern best-practices dictate that logos should take up minimal above-the-fold screen space, and be as small as possible so that they speed up page load times.
How does the “Read More” button work?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, a “Read More” button will automatically appear for you. This is to maintain continuity with the rest of the minimalist theme style. You can also use the MORE tag to insert the button when displaying full content.
What if I have more questions? How can I get support?
We include 12 months of support and updates with theme purchases. Since setup takes just a couple hours, this is 355 days longer than you actually need.
We recommend becoming familiar with our company’s Principles and Best Practices, which outlines the direction of our theme development and guides our support policy.
Can you install and customize it for me?
Absolutely! Check out our Done For You services for more details.
Will this theme work with WooCommerce?
Yes! You can read out WooCommerce setup info here. Please note that we don’t offer support for WooCommerce.
Is this theme pagespeed optimized?
Yes! Our theme is compatible with plugins that specialize in pagespeed optimization. See this post for more details.
This page contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support Feast at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we’re madly in love with.
What’s new in the releases?
4.0.1 – in development
- Added styling for post pagination
4.0.0 – December 21, 2018
- Added “WP Instagram Widget” styling – can now be used in “Footer 4” section
- Text: font-size updated to bring in line with more modern web standards
- Updated font-size to bring in-line with modern web standards
- Dropped extraneous layouts (extra sidebars, slim-width)
- Dropped support for landing page template
- Updated content width to 720px
- Updated thumbnail sizes to 720px/360px
- Removed before-header widget section (only page content belongs above-the-fold)
- Removed header-right widget section (unnecessary complexity, above-the-folder)
- Removed italics from hyperlinks – underline is sufficient
- Woocommerce styling removed due to low usage – can be found here
- Fix: added min-height:52px; for the mobile menu items to resolve clickable elements warning
- Added styling for WP Rocket image lazyloading
Most of these changes were designed around bringing the themes up to date with modern devices, and search engine guidelines. See:
3.2.0 – October 16, 2018
- Updated header whitespace to be smaller, so that more content displays above-the-fold
- Updated <figure> styling for Gutenberg
- Updated dashboard for consistency across themes
- Updated theme folder to include the version so that you don’t need to delete the previous version when updating
3.1.7 – version bump for consistency with Foodie Pro
- Header changed
- Updated header to use <img /> rather than background-image, with site title in its proper place (alt tag)
- Header will now display at whatever resolution it’s uploaded at – no coding changes required
- Updated CSS to fix search-engine-unfriendly hidden-text (text-indent:-9999px;)
- Updated footer function for ease of editing (we now recommend the “Genesis Simple Edits” plugin as well)
- Updated <pre> style to more closely resemble gist/github