These are the features you can expect from this fresh update of everyone’s favorite minimalist blog theme:
- Clean and simple widgetized home page for a flexible layout
- Make it your own with the typography and color Customizer options
- Upload your own retina-quality logo and favicon OR simply type in your blog title to match the default styling
- Flexible grid archive options in Customizer
- Strategic areas for ads and opt-ins: before header, inside header, primary sidebar, secondary sidebar, after entry widget, footer widgets
- Built-in Featured Posts widget with flexible options
- WooCommerce ready so you can add your own products and/or affiliate links!
- Clean color scheme to highlight your branding & photos
- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Built in “read more” button
- Styled responsive drop down menu
- Landing page template (full-width template)
- Styled share buttons, subscribe widget, contact form, and comment form
- Easily integrates with your email subscription service
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED TO MAKE THIS THEME WORK?
This child theme requires the Genesis Framework, which must be purchased separately. Need managed hosting? Check out our Food Blogger Hosting package! While not required to make the theme work at its basic level, we recommend the following plugins for full functionality:
- Recipe Plugin
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce
- WP Instagram Widget
- WP Recipe Maker
WHAT SIZE SHOULD MY LOGO BE?
We recommend a header size of 640 × 340 pixels and you can upload your logo in the Customizer. You’ll have the option to crop if you need to. Or, if you don’t have a logo, you can simply type in your blog name and it will be styled to match the rest of your typography.
As of version 3.1.7 and later, the header logo will display at whatever resolution you upload it at. We recommend using small logos for optimal user experience – 100-200px tall at most.
I WANT A HANDWRITTEN LOGO LIKE YOURS!
We can help with that! Here are a few options for you:
- Outsource it – Marketplaces like Fiverr have illustrators that are able to
- Pen it yourself! There are a number of tutorials online, as well as guide books on Amazon.
HOW BIG SHOULD MY POST IMAGES BE?
To make full use of the theme and it’s built-in thumbnail sizes, you’ll need to make sure that your images are at least 720 pixels wide. All other images can be flexible in width, but to fill the full width of the post area, try to shoot for photos that are at least 720 pixels wide.
We also recommend including a Pinterest-optimized vertical image within the body of your post. We recommend using the TastyPins plugin to manage pinterest images.
On the flip side, you don’t want to upload images that are too big. If this is a concern for you, check out the TinyPNG plugin to compress images on upload.
HOW DOES THE “READ MORE” BUTTON WORK?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, a “Read More” button will automatically appear for you. You can also use the MORE tag to insert the button when displaying full content.
WHAT RECIPE PLUGIN DO YOU RECOMMEND?
I’m glad you asked! Sure, you need a plugin that will make your recipes look great and get attention from Google, but we think you also need a simple, streamlined solution. WP Recipe Maker. Check it out and thank us later!
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? HOW CAN I GET SUPPORT?
CAN YOU INSTALL AND CUSTOMIZE IT FOR ME?
Absolutely! Check out our Done For You services for more details.
This page contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support Feast at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we’re madly in love with.