Demos, FAQs, Tutorials and How-tos for the Foodie Pro WordPress Theme. Note: Updating from a previous version to the most recent version is like installing a new theme altogether, requiring customizations to be redone.
- Foodie Pro FAQ
- How Can I Update to Version 3.0?
- Foodie Pro Install and Import Demo Content
- How to Configure the Foodie Pro Home Page
- Adding Social Icons to Your Foodie Pro Navigation Menu
- How to Add a Retina-Ready Logo to Foodie Pro
- How to Configure the Foodie Pro Footer Widgets
- How to Configure the Foodie Pro Recipe Index
- Configuring the Foodie Pro Content Archives
- How to Add Content to the Category Pages
- Set Up Your WooCommerce Shop with Genesis Connect
- How to set up the “Genesis – User Profile” sidebar widget
- How to remove the search bar from the navigation menu
Customization Tips for Foodie Pro
Please note that while we’ve added these resources due to the high number of requests that we’ve received that we are unable to troubleshoot issues that arise due to customizations.
- Custom Fonts with Foodie Pro
- How to Change the Header Size in Foodie Pro 3.0
- Editing CSS, colors, fonts and whitespaces
Where can I place ads in Foodie Pro?
You can place ads in the Foodie theme using the custom HTML widgets in the primary sidebar, after entry (below the posts on single post pages), and footer 4 widget areas. If you take a look at the demo site you’ll see we’ve placed the sale banners in the sidebar and footer 4 widget areas, this is the same setup you could use for your own site. You could also work directly with an ad company that could assist you in placing ads in other places.
Where can I get the latest version?
What’s new in the releases?
3.1.5 (not yet released)
- Header changed
- Updated header to use rather than background-image, with site title in its proper place (alt tag)
- Header will now display at whatever resolution it’s uploaded at – no coding changes required
- Updated CSS to fix search-engine-unfriendly hidden-text (text-indent:-9999px;)
- Updated footer function for ease of editing (we now recommend the “Genesis Simple Edits” plugin as well)
- Updated <pre> style to more closely resemble gist/github
- Renamed recipes-top to recipe-index-search
- Renamed recipes-bottom to recipe-index-featured-posts
- Updated aligncenter images CSS
- Added more descriptive content to widget areas
- Fixed a bug in the widget read more text which caused the widget to not save correctly in some environments
- Fixed a bug with first grid item width on smaller screens
- Removed a deprecated Genesis function for getting image sizes
- Removed some unused legacy styles