Demos, FAQs, Tutorials and How-tos for the Foodie Pro WordPress Theme.
Note: Updating from a previous version to the most recent version is like installing a new theme altogether, requiring customizations to be redone.
- Foodie Pro FAQ
- How Can I Update Foodie Pro?
- Install and Import Demo Content
- Configure the Home Page
- Adding Social Icons to Your Navigation Menu
- Add a Retina-Ready Logo
- Configure the Footer Widgets
- Configure the Recipe Index
- Configuring the Content Archives
- How to set up the “Genesis – User Profile” sidebar widget
- How to remove the search bar from the navigation menu
These aren’t required for getting your theme set up like the demo site, but are things you should do to set yourself up for success:
- How to Add Content to the Category Pages
- Optimize your food blog for search engines
- Expand your functionality with the Feast Plugin!
Customization Tips for Foodie Pro
Please note that while we’ve added these resources due to the high number of requests that we’ve received that we are unable to troubleshoot issues that arise due to customizations.
- Custom Fonts with Foodie Pro
- How to Change the Header Size in Foodie Pro 3.0
- Editing CSS, colors, fonts and whitespaces
- Set Up Your WooCommerce Shop with Genesis Connect
Where can I place ads in Foodie Pro?
You can place ads in the Foodie theme using the custom HTML widgets in the primary sidebar, after entry (below the posts on single post pages), and footer 4 widget areas. If you take a look at the demo site you’ll see we’ve placed the sale banners in the sidebar and footer 4 widget areas, this is the same setup you could use for your own site. You could also work directly with an ad company that could assist you in placing ads in other places.
What’s new in the releases? Check out the Foodie Pro theme page for update notes.