One of the most common support issues we get is that changes aren't being reflected on peoples' sites. This is a caching issue, 99% of the time, and not related to the theme.
It's especially common after updating a theme.
Caches operate at multiple levels - you can have a hosting-based cache, a software/plugin cache, a CDN (eg. cloudflare) cache, and a browser-based cache.
Good hosting companies have a caching system that works with popular caching software, like WP Rocket. Good hosting companies include:
If you're not on one of these, please reach out to your host directly for support.
WP Rocket is professionally maintained and works with most hosts to clear both their own software-level cache and the hosting-level cache when you update a post.
Note: Make sure you have logged-in caching enabled in Admin > Settings > WP Rocket > Cache > Enable caching for logged in users
We don't have the knowledge or experience necessary to provide guidance with clearing CDN caches. Please reach out to your CDN provider directly.
There are multiple steps that can be taken to clear your browser cache. In order of simplicity they are:
- Perform a "hard refresh" (cmd + r on mac, ctrl + r on windows)
- Log out of your admin, and log back in
- Check your site in an incognito browser window
- Clear your cookies (Google "how to clear your cookies" + browser if you don't know how to do this)
- Close all your browsers down and restart the computer