Installing demo content on a wordpress blog is a great way to fill out your blog with multiple posts and pre-sets, so that you can get a better idea of what the theme will look like once you’ve added content.
Important: You must have the Genesis Framework installed first before the Cook’d Pro simple wordpress theme will work. But you do not need to activate Genesis before installing Cook’d Pro. If you already have the Genesis Framework please make sure that it is up to date before proceeding, this is necessary for Cook’d to run properly on your site.
- From your WordPress Dashboard navigate to Appearance -> Themes and click on “Add New.”
- Click on “Upload Theme.”
- Click on “Choose File” and then select the Cook’d Pro zipped file from your computer and click “Install Now.”
- When you see the message “Theme Installed Successfully” click on “Activate” and Cook’d Pro is now your active theme!
Importing Demo Content
Note: This step is only necessary if you are just starting out and do not have any content. Importing the demo content allows you the flexibility of knowing what your established site will look like as you decide how you’d like things configured. If you already have an established WordPress site with content then you can skip this step and move on down to “Importing the Demo Widgets.”
- From your dashboard navigate to Tools -> Import -> WordPress
- If you do not already have the WordPress Importer plugin installed a screen will pop up and prompt you to install that plugin. Please do so and then click “Activate and Run” on the next screen.
- Click “Browse” and then in your UNZIPPED Cook’d Pro file find the folder named Sample Data and open it.
- Select the XML Document named cookd_pro_demo.xml and then click on “upload file and import.”
- Select yourself from the “or assign posts to an existing user” dropdown menu
- Then check the box next to “Download and import file attachments” and then click submit.
- When you get the message “All done. Have fun!” then you are all set up with demo content to play around with.
Importing the Demo Widgets
One of the exciting features of Cook’d Pro is the ability to quickly import all of the wordpress demo widgets so that you can easily get your own site set up in a flash. Following this step will save you a lot of time as you won’t have to arrange and configure every single widget or plugin for each widget area.
- The first step is to make sure that you have all of the necessary plugins. Before moving forward please install and activate the following plugins:
- Widget Importer and Exporter
- Genesis eNews Extende
- Simple Social Icon
- Note: It is only necessary to install these plugins if you intend to use them. If the plugins are not installed then the widgets related to them will not import.
- Now from your dashboard navigate to Tools -> Widget Importer and Exporter
- Click “Choose File” and then from your UNZIPPED Cook’d Pro file open the Sample Data folder and then select the cook’d_pro_widgets.wie file.
- Click “Import Widgets”
Now all of the widgets from the Cook’d Pro wordpress demo have been imported to your site and the fun begins! You can change the configurations to get your site to display as you wish. Please note that sometimes during import some of the widget areas may become misconfigured. If this has happened to you, please see the tutorials provided to get things re-configured.