- Large hero area for featured posts
- Widgetized home page for a flexible layout
- Upload your own retina-quality logo and favicon OR simply type in your blog title to match the default styling
- Recipe filter index (built with the power of FacetWP) – you can even create multiple recipe indexes without editing any code.
- Flexible grid archive options in Customizer
- Strategic areas for ads and opt-ins: header, primary sidebar, secondary sidebar, after entry widget, footer widgets
- Built-in Feature Posts widget with flexible options
- Built-in shortcode to display limited categories
- WooCommerce ready so you can add your own products and/or affiliate links!
- Pagespeed optimization ready
- Clean color scheme to highlight your branding & photos
- HTML5 Markup + Mobile Responsive
- Built in “read more” button
- Styled responsive drop down menu
- Landing page template (full width template)
- Styled share buttons, subscribe widget, contact form, and comment form
- Easily integrates with your email subscription service
- Digital Strategy Bundle ($59 value)
What do I get with my theme purchase?
See this post: What am I paying for?
What else will I need to make this theme work?
While not required to make the theme work at it’s basic level, we recommend the following plugins for full functionality:
- Gravity Forms
- Genesis Enews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Simple Share
- WP Recipe Maker
What size should my logo be?
We recommend a header size of 640 × 300 pixels and you can upload your logo in the Customizer. You’ll have the option to crop if you need to. Or, if you don’t have a logo, you can simply type in your blog name and it will be styled just like the word “Cook’d” is on the demo.
Take note: You’ll need to upload a logo sized at 640 x 300, it will only appear as 320 x 150. This is because retina screens need a double resolution to appear clear. While this logo area may appear small to some, it has been optimized for placement on all screen sizes, including mobile devices.
How big should my post images be?
To make full use of the theme and it’s built-in thumbnail sizes, you’ll need to make sure that your featured image is at least 1170 x 800 pixels. We also recommend including a Pinterest-optimized vertical image within the body of your post. All other images can be flexible in width, but to fill the full width of the post area, try to shoot for photos that are at least 780 pixels wide.
On the flip side, you don’t want to upload images that are too big. If this is a concern for you, check out the TinyPNG plugin to compress images on upload.
How does the “Read More” button work?
If you are using excerpts on the archive pages, blog page, or in the Featured Posts widget, a “Read More” button will automatically appear for you. You can also use the MORE tag to insert the button when displaying full content.
What if I want to have multiple recipe indexes – like one for recipes and one for crafts?
We hear you loud and clear – this is a need for many bloggers! With our new Recipe Index template, you can create multiple filterable recipe indexes without making any changes to your theme’s code. It’s super simple to set up and we have a video to show you how.
What if I have more questions? How can I get support?
We include 12 months of support and updates with theme purchases. Since setup takes just a couple hours, this is 355 days longer than you actually need.
We recommend becoming familiar with our company’s Principles and Best Practices, which outlines the direction of our theme development and guides our support policy.
Can you install and customize it for me?
Absolutely! Check out our Done For You services for more details.
Will this theme work with WooCommerce?
Yes! You can read out WooCommerce setup info here. Please note that we don’t offer support for WooCommerce.
Is this theme pagespeed optimized?
Yes! Our theme is compatible with plugins that specialize in pagespeed optimization. See this post for more details.
This page contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support Feast at no extra charge to you. We only recommend products that we’re madly in love with.
What’s new in the releases?
3.2.0 – October 16, 2018
- Updated header whitespace to be smaller, so that more content displays above-the-fold
- Updated <figure> styling for Gutenberg
- Updated dashboard for consistency across themes
- Updated theme folder name to include the version, so that you don’t need to delete the previous version when updating
3.1.7 – version bump for consistency with Foodie Pro
- Header changed
- Updated header to use rather than background-image, with site title in its proper place (alt tag)
- Header will now display at whatever resolution it’s uploaded at – no coding changes required
- Updated CSS to fix search-engine-unfriendly hidden-text (text-indent:-9999px;)
- Updated footer function for ease of editing (we now recommend the “Genesis Simple Edits” plugin as well)
- Updated <pre> style to more closely resemble gist/github