Have your own theme and need just basic hosting to get started? Try the Food Blogger Hosting, Jr plan.
Included with your hosting is your choice of theme, including updates as they’re released. You have the option of picking a new theme each year to keep your blog fresh and stylish.
Free Install It For Me Service
We’ll get you up and hosted with a complimentary Install It For Me service valued at $145. You’ll simply need to point your domain at our servers and you’re good to go.
The Nourish platform is the missing piece of your marketing puzzle, allowing you to:
- Get paid by food brands who have a budget to pay food bloggers to develop recipes
- Fill up your content schedule
- Get paid to develop content for other food bloggers, as well as
- Source content from fellow food bloggers
- Incentivize fellow food bloggers to share and comment on your content, increasing pageviews, engagement, and on-page content
The Nourish platform is exclusive to Feast Design Co. customers.
Built for Speed
More than ever, page load times are critical. We implement best practices to balance image quality with image sizes, making sure your food blog loads fast on all devices. Not only is this a better user experience, but you’re rewarded with better placement in the search engines.
Starting July 2018, SSL certificates will become mandatory for websites to avoid being labeled “Not Secure”. See this announcement from Google.
SSLs are always included, and always free. This prevents your visitors sensitive data from being leaked to prying eyes and protect your data as well. Site security is a ranking factor in search engines and is no longer a question of if it should be enabled – it’s a requirement.
Managed Plugin Updates
Plugin updates are a pain in the butt. And not the delicious pork butt kind. You should always update to the latest version for additional features and security, but risking breaking your site with plugin updates is an ongoing concern. We test plugins in a separate environment before updating them on your blog to ensure that nothing breaks when it’s updated.
No Pageview / Traffic Limits
We want you to be successful, and if you are, you’ll be getting lots of visitors. That’s why we don’t track pageviews or charge for them.
Automated Daily Backups
If you’ve never had a website go down without a backup, take our word for it that it’s traumatizing. Days, weeks and even months of work can be lost. We create daily backups for you and store them for 30 days, and restoring a website is as simple as clicking a button.
It’s important to test your site prior to going to live. You get a staging site to be able to do any testing prior to making any changes live, ensuring stability and no downtime.
Our hosting uses the latest releases of PHP7, SSL and Nginx to improve your blog’s speed. What is all the gibberish? You’ll never need to know. Just understand that we’ve configured the latest webserver software specifically for wordpress food blogs, and make caching available to deliver pages lightning fast, improving your search engine rankings.
We’re so confident that’ll you’ll see an improvement that we’re offering a pagespeed guarantee.
Around the Clock Support
Many hosts lock you into a ticket system. Our team of experts are available around the clock 24/7/365 by phone, email and chat.
Reach out to support and we’ll send off a subscription invoice for the $29/month subscription.
Our pagespeed guarantee is based on improvements from image optimization, caching, and implementation of CDN (content distribution network) (if necessary). We’re confident that food blogs moving to our platform will see a 50% improvement in pagespeed load times, and if can’t achieve this, we’ll beat the hosting cost of your previous host by 25%.
This service is not applicable to woocommerce stores, which require specialized configurations. Sites loading third-party content that can’t be deferred and non-food/lifestyle blogs are excluded from this guarantee.
Email hosting is not provided with Food Blogger Hosting. The complexity involved with email – and spam in particular – means that your best option is the “Basic” plan at GSuite by Google for $5/month.
What you should know
- Moving to a new theme means all prior customizations are lost. You’ll need to back up your old files, and may need to reconfigure and re-style some things. This is a good opportunity to re-evaluate what’s important to your readers and de-clutter old features
- The focus on pagespeed for user experience and search engines means that we use both browser and server caching, which may alter the behaviour of dynamic content. See here for more information.
- We don’t manage your domains – we believe that domains and hosting should be managed separately, for security reasons
- For pagespeed, we automatically scale images down to 1200×800 or 800×1200, which offers a good balance between image quality and file size
In order to remain focused on being the best choice for food bloggers, we don’t currently offer this plan for the following:
- Non-english food blogs
- WooCommerce – requires Food Blogger Hosting with WooCommerce plan