Tired of managing the technical aspects of running a food blog? Our Food Blogger Hosting package strips away the difficult, technical aspects so that food blogging becomes a joy again. We’ve removed the cpanel and complex server configuration options so that you only need to focus on the WordPress admin.
- Feast Plugin (including all 5 themes)
- One free theme installation
- Built in caching to remove the server bottleneck
- Digital Strategy Bundle (free!)
Have your own theme and need just basic hosting to get started? Try the Food Blogger Hosting, Jr plan.
Feast Plugin + All 5 Themes
Included with your hosting is the Feast Plugin, including updates as they’re released.
You get access to all 5 themes, as well as one install-it-for-me service per year. Customizations not included.
Free Install It For Me Service
We’ll get your new theme installed and set up with a complimentary Install It For Me service valued at $145.
The Feast Plugin is the missing piece of your marketing puzzle, allowing you to:
- Get paid by food brands to develop recipes
- Fill up your content schedule
- Network with fellow food bloggers and get paid to write for them, or
- Source content from fellow food bloggers when you don’t have time to do it yourself
- Amplify your recipes through our food blogger community, increasing pageviews, engagement, and on-page content
The Feast Plugin platform is exclusive to Feast Design Co. customers, and is currently in development.
Starting July 2018, SSL certificates will become mandatory for websites. Avoid being labeled “Not Secure” and losing your visitors. See this announcement.
Actually, dating as far back as 2014 search engines have used HTTPS as a ranking signal, which can help boost your organic search engine rankings.
SSLs are included by default with our plan, for free. This prevents your visitors sensitive data from being leaked to prying eyes and protect your data as well. Site security is a ranking factor in search engines and is no longer a question of if it should be enabled – it’s a requirement. If your blog doesn’t have SSL, it’s being penalized.
We also configure and set a number of server settings to increase security, removing the need for security plugins such as WordFence.
No Pageview / Traffic Limits
We want you to be successful, and if you are, you’ll be getting lots of visitors. That’s why we don’t charge for them.
For food bloggers getting more than 100,000 pageviews/month, we do recommend that you use a CDN service such as CloudFlare for security and pagespeed.
Automated Daily Backups
If you’ve never had a website go down without a backup, take our word for it that it’s traumatizing. Days, weeks and even months of work can be lost. We create daily backups for you and store them for 30 days, and restoring a website is as simple as clicking a button.
As a best practice, we recommend making all plugin updates first thing in the morning so that minimal data is lost when restoring yesterday’s backup.
It’s important to test your site prior to going to live. You get a staging site to be able to do any testing prior to making any changes live, ensuring stability and no downtime.
More than ever, page load times are critical. We implement best practices to balance image quality with image sizes, making sure your food blog loads fast on all devices. Not only is this a better user experience, but you’re rewarded with better placement in the search engines.
Our hosting uses the latest releases of PHP7, and Nginx to improve your blog’s speed. What is all the gibberish? You’ll never need to know. Just understand that we’ve configured the latest webserver software specifically for wordpress food blogs, and make caching available to deliver pages lightning fast, improving your search engine rankings.
No More Caching Plugins
Caching is built into our hosting, and done in a way that’s many times faster than caching plugins. You’ll be able to clean up your blog and remove plugins such as W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, and Jetpack.
Here to Support You
Our team of experts are available to help guide you and answer support tickets when you need them.
Minimum 12-month subscription to make billing easy to manage.
Our pagespeed guarantee is based on improvements from image optimization, caching, and implementation of CDN (content distribution network) (if necessary). We’re confident that food blogs moving to our platform will see a 25+% improvement in pagespeed load times, and if can’t achieve this, we’ll beat the hosting cost of your previous host by 25%.
This service is not applicable to woocommerce stores, which require specialized configurations. Sites loading third-party content that can’t be deferred and non-food/lifestyle blogs are excluded from this guarantee.
A CDN is available (if necessary) for an additional $20/month. We recommend trying out the standard hosting for a while before deciding to move forward with a CDN.
Email hosting is not provided with Food Blogger Hosting. The complexity involved with email – and spam in particular – means that your best option for email is the “Basic” plan at GSuite by Google for $5/month.
What you should know
- The focus on pagespeed for user experience and search engines means that we use both browser and server caching, which may alter the behaviour of dynamic content. See here for more information.
- Large files and videos need to be hosted off-site on specialized services (eg. dropbox, youtube)
- We don’t manage your domains – we believe that domains and hosting should be on separate services for security reasons. We will help by logging into your domain registrar and updating the DNS records for the blog if requested.
- There is no access to server settings or configurations (eg. cpanel), this is locked down with best practices for food blogs pre-configured, and constantly updated to stay modern
- Moving to a new theme means all prior customizations are lost. You’ll need to back up your old files, and may need to reconfigure and re-style some things. This is a good opportunity to re-evaluate what’s important to your readers and de-clutter old features
- The migration is only valid from other wordpress sites – we can’t import from blogspot, wix or any other platform
- Sites seeing more than 100,000 pageviews per month are highly encouraged to use a CDN such as Cloudflare for additional security against hacking and spam, as well as for pagespeed reasons.
- We disallow the same plugins as wpengine
In order to remain focused on being the best choice for food bloggers, we don’t currently offer this plan for the following:
- Non-english food blogs
- Purposes outside of food blogging – file hosting related to food blogging is allowed within reason, but not beyond the personal level
- WooCommerce – we do not recommend or support woocommerce
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us prior to purchase.
Q: How is this different from other hosting services?
The Food Blogger Hosting from Feast adds a little management to the hosting, specific to food bloggers. We make plugin and configuration decisions for you, and let you know when something needs improving/upgrading. If all you want to do is create recipe posts and focus on food blogging, the slight premium is well worth it.
As part of the food blogger hosting, we do mini-audits on your plugins, site security, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and theme configuration. When we’re made aware of major updates or broken functionality, we proactively reach out to our customers, rather than let them find out on their own.
This isn’t for everyone, especially if you feel you need more control over your blog.